Whether you’re trying to trump last year’s event or you’re creating an entirely new conference, there are hundreds of elements that must fit into place in order to make your conference a success. Over few posts we will highlight the vital stages in order to make your conference stand out from the rest.
Preparation – Logistics
It is never too early to start planning – depending on your conference type, it could take anywhere from 6 months to over a year to put everything into place. Here’s what should be at the top of you priority list:
1. Book your date in well in advance.
- This should be your first port of call. Find a date when no events concerning your target audience are planned, and always avoid public holidays.
- Let people know as soon as possible so they can plan accordingly. Organize your event with Evenium and invite guests with customized registration forms, sell tickets (if that’s the case) and publish your event on your social networks and blogs.
- Location is paramount to the experience of your guests – if people are enjoying the aesthetics of their environment, they will feel at ease and the atmosphere will thrive. Budgeting for a good location is vital for the success of your event.
- Be sure to look at the surroundings when choosing a venue. You don’t want your guests arriving and seeing a large construction site right next door! This will affect their first impression and it could also be quite noisy inside.
3. Speakers – always get commitments in writing
- When choosing your speaker, prioritize their style just as much as content to ensure you’ll have a captivated audience. Watch videos of previous presentations and be very selective.
- Once you book a speaker, push them to include new content and to make an innovative presentation. After all, you want your conference to stand out.
- Confirm with your speakers a few days before the event – you wouldn’t want to have a room full of excited guests waiting for someone who isn’t going to show.
4. Efficient Registration System
- Any size event requires organized guest registration and a secure payment system.
- Use Evenium’s online ticketing service and personalize your registration form to fit all of your needs. For example: hotel options, transportation and directions.
- What’s more, your guests’ details will be easily accessible in a database making ordering name badges and after-event communication easy. On the day of the event, use Evenium’s mobile app to eliminate lines and be sure of a smooth entry.
Stay tuned for the next post on how to create a memorable conference…